Where do I even start in telling you the story of my life? I'm Ellie Russo, supposedly born on August 1, 1990. Supposedly, I say, because no one really knows for sure. There's very little record of my first three years here. So we'll have to skip the sunny afternoon birth stories and get straight to the toddler crawling days. It's not that big of a time jump, but I want to give you the full picture of where this mess started.
I was adopted by a nice couple from Boston right around my third birthday. I have no memory of this, but I choose to accept it in good faith. My parents are Jane and Joshua Russo, an adorable and charitable couple who dedicate their lives to helping others. If that wasn't clear by the myriad of children they made theirs, then The Hallowed Hills House should leave no doubt.
The Hallowed Hills, as it's popularly known, is a facility that cares for the mentally ill. Growing up around crazy people ("Don't call them crazy, Ellie.") taught me at a very young age that, up-close, no one is normal. "Abnormality" is something to be respected. I get a lot of pearl-clutching when I talk about this, but all my favorite people have some degree of crazy in them. I mean, they do their shit despite whatever everyone else says they should be doing.
I've never been very good at sticking to the script. As a child, there was no Sunday dress that survived my escapades. I think up until I got through my teens, there was a little concern from my parents that I might end up in jail or in a ditch. Pfft, a little credit, right? Like I'd ever get caught.
And I didn't. I made it all through my childhood and teens without dying--not even once! Mom used to joke that I was a cat with nine lives, because there sure were some close calls. But here I am, a supposed adult at the tender age of 25. I do all the adult things that are expected of me. I have an apartment that I share with my best friend, I have a job that keeps that roof over my head, I have friends and an okay social life. I'm a mildly well-adjusted adult.
But that's the thing, right? "Well-adjusted" is just a way of saying you don't really belong. Well-adjusted means cropping, hiding or painting over everything that makes you different. I love my parents, I love my siblings and I love my life. Maybe that's why it's so hard to acknowledge that somewhere in that happiness, there's the nagging feeling that something's missing.
For a long time, I wanted nothing to do with my biological parents. I didn't ask about their names, why they gave me up, where they were from. I was happy with a family that chose me, every day. I don't know when that changed.
Not the happiness part. It's kind of sicknening how Fullhouse-happy the Russos are. But my biological parents... I have questions now. It's been a few years since I've started wondering. Doesn't everyone wonder? How much of who they are is really them? It's just genetics, and we're not defined by it, science says. But is it really just genetics?
I haven't told anyone yet, maybe I haven't even really acknowledged to myself how much my recent decisions have been driven by this desire to figure out who I am. As a teenager, my first job was with my parents, at the Hills. After highschool, Rhett took on my hostess services at the restaurant. And, you know, I never felt bad about the nepotism and I kinda rocked the coordinating a room thing, but something was still missing.
I did college for a year (hey, I tried), but it wasn't for me. In 2013, I started working for a bail bond firm, Property Bail Bonds. I guess my title would be "executive secretary", but that's mostly code for "keeps the place afloat". My boss owns the company and I'm the only other employee. He's kind of a mess when it comes to administrative papers and procedures, but there's no one better at capturing fugitives. Yeah, he's the bounty hunter. And I swear that was not a dreamysigh you just heard.
He's good at finding people. I keep wanting to ask about my biological parents, but I guess we're not there yet. So I just sit back, enjoy the view and push papers. It's not that bad and he pays me more than I'd get elsewhere. But I have a hidden agenda for all of this. I want him to train me. I want to learn how to find people and kick ass.
I already started a little. Logan's been teaching me, but we're still at the beginning. My mom would say "the first step to getting where you want to be, is taking the first step." So I've taken it. Here's to going for the second.
- Ellie was born in Boston, MA and lived with her biological parents until the age of 3. She was rescued from an abusive household and adopted by Jane and Joshua Russo at this point, coming to live with them and their other adoptive children.
- A willful child, Ellie questioned authority from an early age. "Because I said so" was no good reason for the girl to do anything. She looked up to her parents, but required to be treated as an equal.
- Her issues with authority also manifested at school, landing her in the principal's office several times, as well as being suspended from classes.
- She had a difficult time making friends (and keeping them). Up until she was 15, Ellie had herself and the residents at Hallowed Hills for company. As she matured, she made few and cherished friends.
- Despite her difficulty in keeping close relationships, Ellie is skilled in cloaking her intimacy issues with an extroverted personality. The louder she is, the less people pay attention to what she's hiding.
- She's very close to her family and doesn't think straight when it comes to taking care of them. Impulsive decisions are common for Ellie, which often leads to trouble.
- She has a chronic attraction to men who are bad for her. "Bad boys" catch her eye, despite her knowing it'll end in heartache. After a particularly nasty break-up, she's taking a break from romance. Though that never lasts.
- Shares an apartment with her best friend;
- Has an aversion to doing laundry. She often leaves it to the last minute and works on a "sniff test" on defining a pattern of dirty;
- Adopted a puppy for two months, before passing it on, as she couldn't handle the dog's emotional dependence on her;
- Doesn't want children, ever. No, thanks.
- Memories of Bloodstone manor (AU)
- Bloodstone manor (CV)
- Bloodgem choker → superhuman strength, speed, durability and endurance, a regenerative ability (near-immortal), immunity to vampire bites (her blood will kill vampires) (CV)
Elsa said she comes from 'a line of near-immortal monster hunters', and had been trained by her father and an android nanny called 'Hate Mother' to fight supernatural evils since infancy. Her relationship with Ulysses Bloodstone seemed to have been wildly abusive.
Elsa lived in Bloodstone Manor with her mother and ally Adam the Frankenstein Monster, she had befriended Charles Barnabus a pureblood vampire lawyer and executor of the Bloodstone estate. Pursuing a monster-hunting occupation, she began an online blog to create an electronic encyclopedic reference guide for the numerous monsters and alien beasts in the world.
According to Elsa, she had some of the Bloodgem power via a genetic inheritance from her father, and it was present in her blood, indicating that she didn't only gain power via the Bloodstone Choker, but was born with power. She has an unspecified level of super strength, she has demonstrated immunity to vampire bites, her blood will destroy a vampire if consumed, the original Bloodgem fragment itself was an anathema to vampires.
An expert at most forms of firearm and melee weapon.
Real Name Elsa Bloodstone Current Alias Bloodstone Relatives U. Bloodstone (father, deceased)
Elise Bloodstone (mother, deceased)
Cullen Blooodstone (brother) Affiliation Defenders (Valkyrior), Braddock Academy, Covenant (ally); formerly Doom's Avengers, Nextwave Base Of Operations Bloodstone Curios, Boston, Massachusetts Identity No Dual Identity Citizenship American, British Marital Status Single Occupation Adventurer, mercenary, Member of Nextwave, former monster hunter Characteristics Gender: Female
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Hair: Blond (dyed red) Origin Gained super strength and immortality from a magical stone. Universe Earth-616 Place of Birth Boston, Massachusetts
- Ellie works as a secretary at a bail bond office, and like Elsa is drawn to "chasing bad guys".
- Unlike her CV counterpart, she isn't trained in combat or weaponry, but has recently taken an interest in learning self-defense and shooting in a controlled environment.
- Both were college students. Ellie's major was in Archeology, as is rumored Elsa's was. Ellie dropped out a year in.
- Both write a blog about monsters, legends and myths. Ellie loves reading about the folklore and history behind each legend.
- Both are good strategists with excellent survival instincts. Ellie was an active child and teenager, and got into plenty of perilious situations that she was able to escape because of her instincts and sharp reflexes.
- Both have a sarcastic sense of humor.
⇢ not yet known IC
- Her biological father passed away and left her and her biological mother a considerable estate.
- Along with the property, Ellie also inherited a bloodgem choker.
- Like Elsa, Ellie's biological mother is English.